Sunday, December 2, 2012

Inspiration

The question that always seems to pop up is who is my inspiration? Well it is a very easy question to answer, my brother. He is smart, kind, and is a good soccer player. I wish that someday, I could fill his shoes and go to a division 1 soccer program and make it to the final four of the NCAA tournament. Friday will be his game and I am so excited to watch I could almost pee my pants. My other brothers are a big part of my inspiration too. They both go to division 1 soccer programs just like my other brother. Although they are not ranked as high as him, I am still proud of them for everything that they have accomplished.
At times I get a bit sad when thinking about my brothers; I still try to think positive. You see, I rarely ever get to see them anymore. Christmas is usually the only time because they do not have soccer going on during their three or four week breaks from school. I wish they were home more, but hey, they are doing the thing that they love so who am I to complain that they are not ever home. Two of my brothers are transferring next year, I am nervous and excited because I know they are going to end up at better colleges that have better soccer programs, but I am not sure how far away they will be. I hope that it is somewhere that is somewhat close so that I can go and watch most of their games, but I will not be too disappointed if they go somewhere far as long as it is somewhere that they will love.
So yes, I am jealous of my brothers and look up to all of them, but not only am I jealous, I am proud, proud to be their sisters, proud to have grown up with them, and proud that I get to say, “Hey! Those are my brothers out there playing!” when they are playing in a game. I can only pray that I will be half as successful as them. (361 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment