Sunday, March 10, 2013

Deprived

A weekend without soccer is like a weekend with no food. Without it, you feel hungry and you starve. It is hard not being able to play very much but I know that it is hard to get space to play. There is only one good place to play soccer in Cedar Rapids and that is the SportZone. You can't play outside because of the snow, so you have to fit a bunch of games in on one field in one weekend. As you can see, this is a problem for some people because they want to play almost everyday, but they can't.

I know from experience that it is hard to stay in shape during the indoor season because you do not have practice as much so you have to do it on your own. What if you do not have any space to do it at home and you do not have anywhere to go? Well then I guess you are screwed because there really is not anything else you can do but wait until you have another practice or game.

Day after day I feel like I am getting more and more out of shape because I do not run as much as I do in outdoor. For example indoor fields are about half the size of regular fields so it does not take as much running. Also, when I run in my basement, I get so bored after about a mile and a half that I end up stopping. This is why I wish that there were more games in the winter so that when high school soccer comes, you are well prepared and you do not have to worry about being out of shape or not being as good as you want to be during the season.

For me, I am a little nervous about me being out of shape for high school soccer. If I need to get in better shape, then I will have to work extra hard just to get to the point that I want to be at. I have been trying to work out a lot before season, but I am still a little shaky on the whole being in shape thing. I hope that I will continue to get stronger and get in better shape so that I will be successful.

Word Count: 395

No comments:

Post a Comment