Sunday, March 31, 2013

Why bother?

Dying your hair just seems so pointless to me. I am not sure why people do it. I look at my hair and think, “Wow I am glad that I did not do anything to my hair because it is a part of me and who I am.” Some people think that dying their hair makes them look better, and for some people that is the case. For me, I am too much of a chicken to do anything about the color of my hair. I always think “What if my natural hair never comes back!?” or “What if I do not like the color on me?” The things that I think are the things that keep me from dying my hair.

            Coming into school some days I see people complaining about how they did not get the color that they wanted. If I were that person, I would probably never do that to my hair again because maybe your hair just does not adapt to color very well.

            Another reason why I will not do anything to the color of my hair is because of my mom. If I ever did anything like that to it she would give me the longest lecture ever. That is just something that I would just like to avoid. Although she dies her hair, she still thinks it is a bad thing for me to do.

            To be honest, I am not sure if I will ever change my hair color. It would just take so much time to get used to it. It wouldn’t feel like me anymore, and I would probably think I look weird. That is the biggest reason why I will not do it and I will most likely stick to not changing it. I am not saying that it is a bad thing, but I would not do it to myself.
Word Count: 317 words

No comments:

Post a Comment