Sunday, April 7, 2013

Be Thankful

Ever looked at someone and think, I wonder why they are the way that they are? I seem to ask myself this question quite often and I just wish I knew they answer all of the time. One day I saw a lady sitting by herself at a restaurant and I felt so bad for her and I just wondered what had happened to her that caused her to eat alone. Maybe she has no family left, maybe her and her spouse broke up, maybe she never had the chance to make friends, and I mean anything could have happened to her.
When eating lunch at Kennedy High School I always take the time to thank all of the lunch ladies and lunch men because I want them to know how much I appreciate what they do. Getting older causes you to not be able to move around as well and that is why sometimes I feel sorry for them. I know I probably should not do that because some of them might like working there but I can’t help but to feel sorry for them. Seeing them work so hard and to get little appreciation is just so sad for me to see. And when I see them there, I always ask myself that same question, what caused them to work here? One day I would like to ask someone that just to see what their answer is but I don’t want to make anyone feel bad so I probably will not.
All of these examples are reasons why I would just like everyone to take a second to thank them as they walk by and clean the table, or give you the food that you are going to eat. I am thankful that I do not have to work there but hey, you never know what is going to happen in the future! I most likely will not end up like that but I am sure a lot of people will. Everyone should be thankful for what they have, because you could end up like someone that eats alone all of the time if you are not thankful. Also, eating alone is not always a bad thing, so If you like to eat alone, then no one should be able to judge you or think of you as a weird person, and that is why I look at people that work at different places and eat alone the same as I look at everyone else. (419 words).

No comments:

Post a Comment