Thursday, April 18, 2013

AP Classes


At the beginning of the year I was very excited to be taking two AP courses at Kennedy High School. I thought that I would enjoy them because it would challenge me and I had heard from other students that the classes that I signed up for were fun. The two classes that I was going to take were AP Lang and Comp, and AP psychology. I noticed last year that there were many people going around doing random experiments and saying how much fun they were having in AP Psych.

After taking these two classes for just a couple of weeks, I could already tell that this year would not be a good year because I did not really like the two classes. AP Psychology was a lot of note taking and applying terms to a bunch of stories as well as writing FRQs and learning many names that I will most likely forget in the future. I still thought that the class was very interesting, but I did not necessarily like it. I dreaded doing the notes every night, but after a while, I started to get faster and faster at taking them, and I actually found some things about the class that I actually enjoyed. I now enjoy the class a lot, and I love seeing what I get to learn about every day. I am excited to take the AP exam for this class because I know that I will do well. I am shooting for at least a four if not a five on the exam.

AP Lang was the complete opposite of the way I viewed psychology. I thought the class was very interesting and I loved to write about the topics that were given to me. Although it was hard work, I enjoyed it very much. After first term, I started to dread coming to class every day. All that we ever did was write random essays and blog about things that are not important to anyone. Blogs also got harder to write because after so much blogging, you start to run out of ideas and topics to talk about. The writing turned into boring topics that I did not like to write about and the surprise quizzes always killed me. I never knew when they were coming and I really did not like that. I am scared to take the AP exam for this class because I am not exactly sure how I will do, but I hope that Ms. A has prepared me well enough to get a three or higher on the exam.

Word Count: 437 words

No comments:

Post a Comment